Upon completion of the Freight Academy, participants will be able to:
- Describe the factors and components of an integrated freight system as they relate to the economy, local communities, the environment, and public and private freight stakeholders;
- Describe recent and future freight trends impacting the transportation system;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the technical tools of freight movement and operations and the conditions under which they can be effectively applied and managed;
- Effectively advocate the importance of a freight focus within their agencies; and
- Feel confident working with partner agencies and freight stakeholders to improve freight efficiencies and conditions in their region.
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to develop relationships with peers from other jurisdictions, meet private and public sector leaders from the industry, and build teamwork and leadership skills